If you have Nintendo DS and using R4DS SDHC (clone of popular R4DS but with SDHC cards support) you might face some problems in case you are using SD card bigger than 2GB.
You might face following simpoms:
* you can't start-up the moonshell or it freezes on load.
* If you have more than 25 files in one folder and you select the folder in the file browser you DS will freeze
* If you have more than 70-100 files on the SD(HC) card some games are not listed or folders are showed as chineze writting
* If card (I had problem with 8GB) is almost full (more than 150 games) you might "loose" the theme icons
New firmware upload and "plain" SD card format in Windows will NOT help.
In order to fix the problem you have to do following:
* Make backup of your SD card
* Download the SD Memory card formatting software from this link http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/sd/download/sd_formatter.html
* Follow the instructions as described here http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/sd/download/ftp/SDF_manual.pdf and format the SD card. Be sure you have selected FULL (ERASE ON) and Format size Adjustment is ON
* When format is done. First copy the R4 firmware (files in root, _system_ and moonshl folders) and then create one folder called Games. Create several subfolders and place up to 20 games per subfolder.
Here is sample folder structure.
Trick is in special software for SD memory formatting. This cloned version of R4 is sensitive to "dirty sectors" on SDHC card bigger than 2GB.
Hope this will help you out as it did help me.
SD Memory Card Formatting Software
Cannot get all R4DS Games to show...
Alternative R4DS Firmware: YSMenu (with automated builders)
Using YSMenu on an R4 Clone